Pottery Wheel Courses
This wheel course is suitable for all levels from complete beginners to Maestro!
This is a structured course for anyone who wishes to learn to throw or who can already throw but wants to improve their throwing skills.
The course is expertly taught by Roberto Gagliano himself.
When you have completed the course you will have learnt enough to attend our Open Studio to practise what you have learnt as long as you feel confident enough to work independently.
You may attend the course as many times as you wish as the teaching is individually tailored to your current level of skill.
I've been using the studio for 3 years now. Roberto has always treated me and my work with the utmost respect. From when I was a complete beginner starting in his classes, to now working weekly in Open studio. It's a wonderful place to make my art.
Roberto is a gifted teacher and his workspace is a fantastic thing for Brighton. A working pottery in this day and age? Rare. He deserves every success.
I have been attending both classes and Open Studio sessions at Pottery Gagliano for around 18months. Roberto is a kind, patient and considerate teacher who always has time and advice for all his pupils and enables people at all levels of experience to create unique works of art. The studio is extremely clean, tidy and well equipped with over a dozen wheels and every possible tool for hand building along with a comprehensive selection of underglaze pigments, slips and gorgeous house glazes (both stoneware and earthenware). Highly recommended, Pottery Gagliano has become like a second home to me.
The next term of Pottery courses will begin in April 2019. Please join our mailing list to recieve the dates as soon as they become available. All bookings are made through the website.
Terms and Conditions
By placing a booking via submitting a Booking Form we will assume that you have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions. All references to the Terms and Conditions refer to these Terms and Conditions as amended and updated from time to time.
If I have to contact you, I will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provide to me in your booking form/contact form.
2.About Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School
Pottery Gagliano's postal address is 16-30 Hollingdean Road, Brighton,BN2 4AA 07789 997361 or by email to email@example.com. I am registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) for data protection, reference number A8486947.
“Agreement” means these Terms and Conditions and the Booking Form.
“Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School” means the entity with which you have entered into this Agreement.
“Booking Form” means the form relating to the booking of the courses, events, workshops or open studio which incorporates these Terms and Conditions.
“Fee” means the amount payable for the courses, events, workshops or open studio – in person or online as detailed in the Booking Form.
“Event, Workshop or Training” means any specific courses, events, workshops or open studio which Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School offers.
"Open Studio" means the pottery studio which Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School offers.
"Pottery Studio" refers to the premises at which Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School operates
“Term ” denotes the periods throughout the year(s) during which we run courses, event or workshop.
“Venue” means the place at which Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School provides the courses, event or workshop.
4.Booking and Payment
Courses, events, workshops or open studio time must be booked using the Booking Form online or in person and the Fee must be paid in advance of the event unless otherwise agreed and can be proven by document, online or written.
Payment of the Fee shall be due to Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School within the date specified on the event information page. If payment is not received within the specified time the Booking Form is submitted, a place is not confirmed or guaranteed.
Only when the Booking Form and payment of the Fee is received will your booking be confirmed.
If we are unable to accept your booking and the Fee has been paid, we will inform you of this in writing, or email and refund you the Fee paid.
The price doesn’t include materials and firing costs. The artwork will be charged at £6 per kg, payable to the tutor.
Event dates are available to view on the specific event page of the Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School website: https://www.potterygagliano.co.uk
The Fee is non-refundable under any circumstances except with the prior written /email agreement of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School, unless. Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School is unable to offer concessions for missed classes due to sickness or holidays, in certain circumstances and solely at the discretion of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School, the following options may be available:
- The persons place may in exceptional cases be offered to an acquaintance provided adequate notice is given and the friend or acquaintance completes a Booking Form and expressly agrees to these Terms and Conditions; and we agree they are suitable for the course/event.
- Subject to availability, adequate notice and without any guarantee, Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School may be able to fit the person into another course, event or wokshop that week.
Missed training events, courses, workshops cannot be carried over to the next Term / event without prior written consent (online or actual document)
5. Changes to courses, events, workshops, open studio and Cancellation
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School may cancel this Agreement at any time and for any reason whatsoever. If the Agreement is cancelled by Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School, the unused portion of the Fee will be refunded to the customer.
If for any reason a specified teacher is unable to run an event, then Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School will do its best to provide another Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School teacher. If this is not possible, Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School will, at its sole option, either (i) reschedule the teaching by adding another teaching or (ii) will refund the Fee for that Class.
The customer acknowledges and agrees that Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School reserves the right to replace any teacher of an event without notice to the customer at any time prior to that event without any liability arising from such a change except in accordance with these Terms.
6.Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School Events
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School will provide events which:
- conform in all material respect to their description;
- are carried out with reasonable skill and care;
- be fit for the purpose that Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School determine it is fit for the purpose for which the customer uses the training in mind of their description; and
- comply with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements for supplying the teaching in the United Kingdom, or elsewhere.
These Terms apply to any replacement training Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School supply to the customer in the unlikely event that the original classes, courses, events or workshops do not conform with these Terms.
Customers are not permitted to use the training or information received from the training for any commercial purpose, without prior written consent.
7. Code of Conduct
In order to create a relaxed and comfortable environment for all attendees, we ask that you comply with the code of conduct below:
- Teaching will start on time and people must arrive before the event is due to start.
- During the training, mobile phones must either be switched off or on silent unless otherwise agreed.
- The Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School environment is relaxed and sociable, however to show respect for the group, general chatter must be kept to a minimum to ensure that the teacher can be heard and that the focus is kept on learning.
- It is the participants responsibility to wear suitable clothing and we cannot be held liable for any participant's by lack of care or awareness of the particpant.
- If the teacher determines that the participant is disruptive, the teacher on behalf of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School, shall be entitled to exclude the participant.
- Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School reserves the right to refuse access to its facilities and premises where there is reason to believe that these conditions have been breached or where threatening, bullying, harassing or disruptive behaviour has occurred. Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School will not be liable for any losses or expense (including course fees and consequential damages) incurred by anyone working in the studio.
The participant is aware that
- the information set out in the Booking Form whether completed and or accepted/signed by the participant is accurate in all respects and will notify Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School of any change in such information immediately;
- when attending the premises the participant will not be knowingly suffering from any illness, infectious disease or anything similar thereto.
9. Limitation of Liability
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School shall not be responsible for any loss that a participant suffers as a result, except for those losses which it could reasonably foresee would result from the failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School shall not be responsible to the participant for losses that result from its failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to, losses that fall into the following categories:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of anticipated savings; or
- loss of data.
This clause shall not prevent claims for foreseeable loss of, or damage to, the participant's physical property.
This clause does not exclude or limit in any way Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of obligations under the Consumer Rights Act 2015
- any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
The participant agrees that any claim against Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School or any teacher, practitioner, employee or agent of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School must be brought within 60 days of the event that gave rise to such claim. The participant agrees any claim made thereafter should be discussed.
The participant acknowledges, warrants and undertakes that the maximum aggregate liability of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School to the participant under these Terms and Conditions shall not exceed the Fee paid. All warranties and conditions whether implied by statute or otherwise are so far as is permitted excluded from these Terms and Conditions.
10. Data Protection
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School acts a Data Controller in relation to services supplied under these Terms and Conditions and the person responsible for data protection matters is Roberto Gagliano.
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School shall ensure that data processing only takes place in accordance with the terms of this Terms and Conditions and any Data Processing Agreements in place from time to time. Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School only processes personal data where it has a lawful basis to do so.
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School may store and process personal data via our servers located in the EU, or any other country that provides suitable and adequate security measures to protect the data. Data will be transferred in accordance with the relevant data protection laws.
We retain the right to respond to legal requests as necessary.
Please visit https://www.potterygagliano.co.uk/privacy-policy/ for further information on how we handle, store and use your data.
11. Personal Data
As permitted under data protection legislation, we will store a customer's data for as long as necessary in order to provide our services to the customer. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless the information is no longer needed for the purposes agreed or for other legitimate purposes.
Once our relationship with you as a user of our Pottery Studio has terminated, we will retain personal information only to comply with legal requirements, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Terms and Conditions, and take any action permitted by law.
We do not pass participants/clients/customers information to any third parties except those who have contractually agreed to abide by our service Terms and Conditions. Your data will not be used or sold outside of the agreed Terms and Conditions.
Please visit https://www.potterygagliano.co.uk/privacy-policy/ for further information on how we handle, store and use your data
12. Fair Processing Notice or Audio or Visual Records and Photographs
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School may take and use audio or visual recordings and photographs of you for the following purposes:
- to be displayed on the Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School website;
- to be displayed on Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School administered social media platforms;
- to appear in Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School publications (including, but not limited to, prospectuses, marketing materials and annual reports)
- general publicity purposes
If you have any concerns about or wish to opt out to audio or visual recordings and photographs being taken please contact us.
If you would like us to remove any specific audio or visual recording or photograph of you from an existing Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School publication, website or display, please contact Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Intellectual Property
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School reserves the right to all intellectual property in relation to this website and the services provided. Use of the services does not give the user any ownership in the services, its content or any trademark or logo used on the website.
Any information or material provided to us is on the basis of a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty free licence to use such information and material in relation to the services we provide under our Terms and Conditions.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time and you are advised to check this page to see that you are reading the most up-to-date Terms and Conditions.
15. Force Majeure
Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under the Agreement that is caused by events outside its reasonable control. Such causes include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of Pottery Gagliano/Gagliano Ceramic School.
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
17. No waiver
The failure by either party to enforce any obligation under these Terms and Conditions at any time or for any period shall not be a waiver of them or of the right at any time subsequently to enforce all the obligations arising under these Terms and Conditions.
18. Entire Agreement
These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and understandings between the parties. It is agreed that no statement, promise or inducement whether written or oral alleged to have been made by either party and which is no contained herein shall be binding or form part of these Terms and Conditions.
19. Rights of Third Parties
No term of the Terms and Conditions will be enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any person who is not a party to it.
20. Governing law and Jurisdiction
This Agreement shall be governed by English law and each party irrevocably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.